Born in 1994 in Poland. She creates music from an early age even before starting primary music school. She completed Music School in Toruń in the organ class and composition class. Currently a student of composition programme at the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw and the State Conservatory of Music „Giuseppe Verdi” in Turin, Italy.
Her music is regularly performed in Toruń, her native city and in Warsaw where she studies. Apart from these cities the pieces by Zuzanna Koziej have been performed in other towns in Poland as well as abroad (Netherlands, Ukraine, Italy, Germany, Ecuador and others).
- Double II prize in an international composer competition Sacra/Profana in San Diego, California for the pieces: „Deus meus” and „Trahe me” (2019)
- Award „Composer in Residence of Poznan Chamber Choir” in Composer’s Competition „Opus 966” (2016)
- Honorable Mention in the Composer’s Competition „Opus 966” (2016)
- Winner of the Composer’s Competition for Final Concert of the 12th International Festival of the University Choirs „Universitas Cantat” 2015. The world premiere was performed by all participants jointly; choirs from Poland, Ecuador, Ukraine, Serbia, Argentina, Republic of South Africa, Philippines, Brazil, Puerto Rico and Amadeus Chamber Orchestra of Polish Radio conducted by Agnieszka Duczmal, on 27 June 2015
- I Prize in the II Piotr Perkowski Competition for Composers, Toruń (2015)
- II Prize and Audience Award in the International Competition for Composers “In modo di Lutosławski” and world premiere of the composition in Witold Lutosławski Concert Studio, Warsaw (2013)
- Award of the Toruń Mayor for artistic activity (2010, 2013)
- III Prize in Competition for Composers in Stalowa Wola (2012)
- I Prize and Audience Award in the I Piotr Perkowski Competition for Composition, Toruń (2012)
- Honorable Mention in the Competition for Composers, Bydgoszcz (2010)
- conducted music creation workshops for children (2010)
- wrote music to a short film „Marzenie” („Dream”) by Dominika Grochowska, which won Grand Prix at the XXI KATAR (Confrontation of Amateur Artistic Creativity of the Region) (2012)
- wrote music to a play “Peer Gynt” based on H. Ibsen’s “Peer Gynt”, written and directed by Justyna Misiuk (2016)
- registered CD with relaxing music ”Colors of calm” (2012)